Monday 14 November 2011

Just Like That


Writing after a really long while.... Probably the first thing to come up specially for my blog.
An epic semester this has been. Un-bloody-forgettable.

   Can't even start to count all the things that have happened....I have to keep reminding myself that all this actually happened in these 4-5 months. Ha!
Having almost totally broken off with my usual gang of friends, I almost led a most nomadic kind of life- wandering here, wandering there. With no fixed people to talk to, no fixed places to hang out at. Was really tough at first, not used to such a life. I mean, there have always been people to talk to, right? But things happened and I'm kinda glad that it all fell apart. It gave me time to think, to sort out my life and priorities. It gave time to hold myself up, test what they call 'the endurance strength'. Now that I look back, I'm glad I'm not in those farce relationships anymore, can't live with the back-bitching. I remember being sad and full of regrets last sem. That infinite begging for mercy, the infinite apologizing, the infinite times I really tried to make it all work.
But it's over.
And it's all so... peaceful. No nagging sense of "what happened to all of us?"
Coz it just happened. Live with it.
No more apologizing.
No more begging for mercy outside Snack Shack. Ha! Hilarious, now that I remember it.

    I'm happy the way my life's turn out to be. Different people. Different places. And so many things getting ticked off my bucket list with startling speed. 
Wouldn't have been anywhere near to such a world had it not been for Abhineet, of course. True friends are hard to find. But mirror images like us, harder still. :)
If there's one thing I'd thank him for, would be the fifth dimension he added to my life. Coz if there's so many things getting crossed off on the bucket list (and any other list, for that matter), it's 'coz of him.

Lol, of course, not many couples get named as The Best Couple by Bacardi, yeah?
Not many stalk other couples near IC either , right?
Not many sing "dekho kaala bandar aaya" at 3rd block!
Not many scream and sing "I'm a barbie girl" out of the window of a speeding car from Aashirwaad Cinema hall! (Special mention: Raju and TP ! )
Romantic dialogues on lighthouses ("saale sab log samundar ko dekh ke itne philosophical kyun ho jaate hain?!"  with Divya and Akshay)
Haha...and a classic getaway at Uchilla in the middle of nowhere, spending the day cracking coconuts and eating fish ( Ahoy Daddy!)
Drinking beer on tree houses, bike rides and water jets (With the Pavitra (and extended) family!)
Dance parties with domestic violence :P
After8, Vortex and other SA performances....strong bonds within THIS family too, headbanging and lots of photography!
New hairstyles (not talking about mine, i meant TP)

And of course....................
Purple nail paint
Formals for a GBM!
The white water rafting (epicness)
Waking up AP at Pavitra and getting a culture shock in the kitchen and of course, some amazing videos
Durga Puja at mangalore and an awesome photoshoot
Folk Painting on the room door
Graffiti during classes, reading Ninja comic strips in the last row
Getting addicted to the Mentalist series
Painting on canvas

And...
NEW FRIENDS.
:)

Life's good!









4 comments:

  1. you have my word that one day you'll publish your book and i'll be the 1st one to grab a copy (i meant a free copy ) :) and once again cheers for a positive and lovely post... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!!! Thanks man! Hope it comes true! And don't worry I'll personally send you a free copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. he told me to read this. i love it so much and it makes me so happy that you both found each other.
    :)

    ReplyDelete