Tuesday 9 September 2014

LETTER TO THE WORLD- I

I wonder if there was a hole in your soul, would you feel it? Would you stitch it up so no one knows? Or would you cry out and ask for help in filling it up?

I don't know.
'Coz there are holes in my soul and I'm in pieces.

Ah reader, I wish you knew this terrible state I am in, it's so hard to breathe.
It's been three long years since I wrote to you, it feels nice tonight now that we're here. You. Me. A memory.

Listen....heard that?
That's my soul.
A writer's soul crying for ink. A musician's soul crying for lyric. A traveler's soul crying for roads. A scientist's soul crying for revelation. A woman's soul crying for revolution.

In paths that we traverse, oft comes a choice- to choose one and only one soul- killing all else within you. Choices are a privilege. Yet, choices can be a bane. Banishing your existence to pain. Which do I choose? Whom do I kill?

So I cut holes in my soul- one for each existence and I'm at loss with identities lost.
Do you feel it too, pretty girl?
Your dreams lost in a sea of hard choices and oceans of dangerous men?

Stay awhile, reader, it's just you and me. And a soul that's silent no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment